Well, there are many, and these can form the top list -
- Be a great learner.
- Listen to wise people with an open mind and closed mouth.
- Read an hour daily.
- Don't hoard stuff.
- Don't be a brands person. It's the quickest route to spiritual death.
- Discover new perspectives without losing your own.
- Read two hours daily.
- Write something with a pen on a paper daily. Have a good handwriting.
- Laugh a lot. Laugh like mad!
- Fail. Enjoy failure. Emerge with lessons.
- Respect others' success no matter how much you detest it.
- Read a lot daily.
- Don't be a jerk, meet and talk to people.
- Help someone in need regularly.
- Learn about the Universe; it's the most mysterious thing you won't ever get out of!
- Love science and its approach. But don't hate religion and spirituality.
- Learn Sanskrit shlokas even @ 2 or 3 per month.
- Cry when you need to. Don't be ashamed of it.
- Don't expect a smooth, hassle-free and scratch-free existence. Enjoy the tumbles. Love life!
And guess what - these lessons apply to all of us!