Someone asked a great question on Quora about "What are some things you realise as you grow older?" I wrote an answer that was loved by many. Sharing it here!
What are some things you realise as you grow older?
- The only thing that finally matters is 'being at peace with oneself'
- Real friends can be counted on fingers. Of one hand.
- Only crises can make a man out of you. Rest is routine.
- Leaders are 1%. Great managers are 10%. Rest are workers.
- It takes barely 5 min in an interview to judge a person truly
- No one works for any corporation. People only work for themselves.
- Happiness can be eternal if you choose it to be that way
- 'Sharp at academics' is not equivalent to 'happy in life'
- Daily brisk walking routine is the best medicine for entire body
- Laughing out loud is the best stress-buster
- You don't need lots of money to be happy
- Kids who love you are the greatest source of constant joy
- Brands are in the mind. Life can go on merrily without them.
- Fast food is the fast way to destroy your body
- Atheism is easy fashion. Rationalism is hard fashion. Spiritualism is tough fashion.
- Run hard from anyone promising salvation - it lies within
- No matter what you do, you die. All legacies are temporary
The colours of life
- Violence never solves any problem permanently - only love does
- Everything gets recycled, including our bodies
- Everything changes with time - the harder you resist, the more they change
- No one is absolutely right ever - everyone is right in bits and pieces
- Perceptions are as good as reality - in fact, there is no genuine reality
- Mother Nature is the biggest badass around, unstoppable & unaffected
- The Universe is a very mysterious place with tonnes of secrets
- And finally - Teenagers know everything, Communists want an equal world, Capitalists believe in trickle-down, & Governments work for citizens!